Thursday, December 27, 2007

Why Israeli soldiers don't get their rape on

I’ve followed events in Israel for years and read too many books and articles to count. And although some Israeli soldiers have committed acts unbecoming of the “Purity of Arms”, I’ve never read of Israeli soldiers ever raping Palestinian women. Curiously, the reason for this dearth of rape has nothing to do with Jewish morals and ethics, according to Hebrew University doctoral candidate Tal Nitzan. Her reasoning goes something like this:

Israeli soldier 1: “Hey, let’s rape some Arab women. We occupy them, we have the power and they are helpless against us!”
Israeli soldier 2: “Wait a minute! That’s not such a good idea. Think about it: If we rape Arab women and they have babies, those babies will grow up to be Arabs and tip the demographic scales just a little bit more against us.”
Israeli soldier 1: Woa, thanks for telling me that. I was ready to get my rape on, but you just convinced me to keep it in my pants.
Israeli soldier 2: “Ein baya – no problem.”

Yes, Jewish self-hatred is alive in well, both in Israel and in the Diaspora:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/124674

No comments: